With its calming scent and natural antioxidants, rose water has gained increased popularity within the skincare world. Many people associate rose water as a hydrating, anti aging product due to its anti-inflammatory properties. The benefits of rose water for skincare seem varied and endless! However, have you ever considered the benefits rose water may have for your hair? Most concerns regarding the scalp are generally traced back to irritation and inflammation. With that being said, it would make unbelievable sense that rose water would have great benefits for your hair and scalp. Find all the benefits of rose water for your hair below.
Benefits of Rose Water For Your Hair
Using rose water will have many benefits for your hair and scalp. The mild yet potent ingredient can help mitigate oil production and in turn reduce the production of dandruff. Rose water also has vitamin A, B3, C, and E, which all work to prevent inflammation. These properties can help with conditions such as eczema and psoriasis on the scalp. If not for any medical conditions, rose water sprayed onto the hair and scalp will also act as an instant refresher. It can also have super calming and soothing effects on your mood.
- Defense against Dandruff: As mentioned above, rose water works as an astringent and will essentially reduce the oil production on the scalp. An oily scalp will generally result in dandruff. By lowering and maintaining the production of oil, rose water will effectively reduce the appearance of dandruff on the scalp.
- Reduces Frizziness: Rose water will add the much needed hydration to dry and curly hair. Spraying rose water onto your locks will help reduce frizziness to your hair.
- Prevents Hair Loss: Applying rose water to your head, will essentially create a healthy scalp environment. Having a healthy and nourished scalp will lead to healthier hair. The anti-inflammatory properties of the rose water will help reduce hair loss.
- Stress Reducer: Stress is a key factor to hair loss. Rose oil, a main ingredient in rose water, will naturally ease nerves and relax any tension.
How To Use Rose Water for Your Hair
It’s important to note that excess usage of rose water can cause an imbalance to the pH of the scalp and so it is recommended to not exceed 2-3 times per week in order to benefit from it and enjoy its results. Here are a few ways rose water can be used for the hair.
- Post-shampoo rinse: Rinse your hair with rose water post shampoo (or after using shampoo and conditioner). Rinse after a few hours or keep it in, depending on your preference.
- Adding it directly to your shampoo/conditioner
- Misting it onto your hair and scalp: Smooth out extra frizz and give your hair a wonderfully refreshing scent by applying rose water as a mist.
- Dab it onto your scalp: This is great if you’re looking to reduce dandruff or itching. Just dab it onto your scalp using a cotton ball and gently massage it into the skin. Follow that with shampoo and conditioner.
Our Favorite Rose Water Products
Always keeping you fresh and looking your best, this time we’re sharing our top rose water picks for you to try! These versatile products would be great additions to your hair care routine.
Image Credit: Pinterest